Saturday Drinks with Amy From The Holistic Ingredient
Salsa, Spanish crackers & bubbles
In the Pantry
1 1/2 cups of Spelt Flour
1/4 cup of sesame seeds
3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
2 star anise (crushed)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
a little bit of salt
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/4 of iced water
2 large egg whites, beaten until foamy
2 tablespoons of cinnamon mixed into 1/2 cup of raw sugar
Preheat oven to 180c/400f.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, mix… flour, sesame seeds, sugar and crushed anise seeds, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine… coconut oil and water; add to flour mixture. beat on a low-speed until combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- In separate bowls; beat egg whites until foamy & combine cinnamon and raw sugar. Set aside.
Shape dough (1-2 tablespoons) into a ball. Place 2 balls onto baking paper (10cm apart), place another sheet of baking paper on top. Roll out into a very thin oval. Lift top piece of baking paper. Brush ovals with egg white, sprinkle with sugar mix and bake for 7 minutes. Repeat!
- Rotate baking trays halfway through.
- Transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
- Repeat with remaining balls.
- Cookies can be kept for 4 days, stacked between layers of baking paper in an airtight container.