The Tale of the Swedish Cupcake.
Delivered in a drawer, during the wee hours of morning.
Like a ninja, Kate left ‘The Baker’s Drawer’ on the steps of a kikki.K designer’s door.
Once upon a time tea (T2) and stationery (KikkiK) became friends. They collaborated, felt happy and together they brewed Swedish Söder Tea.
The moral of this tale…
Friendship is simple, keep it real and ‘BE GRATEFUL’. Then eat cake and drink tea x
1. On the stove, infuse a tablespoon of Söder Tea in a pot of Soy Milk. Bring to the boil, strain and allow to cool.
2.In a separate bowl, mix apple sauce (apple puree) with baking powder.
2. Cream butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and apple sauce mixture.
4. Alternating, slowly add sifted flours and soy (infused) milk. Beat on a low-speed until combined.
5. Add eggs. Beat on a medium speed and then spoon into mini cupcake cases.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes and allow to cool before icing.
Sift 4 cups of icing sugar. Scrape in the seeds of 1 vanilla pod.
Place butter, vanilla, soy milk and half of the sugar into a bowl. Beat until smooth.
Then add the remaining sugar until icing is a good spreading consistency.
Once your cakes have cooled, spread on the icing and sprinkle a little loose tea on the top.